My Five Beauty Obsessions: Tara Stiles
Last year, The New York Times dubbed Tara Stiles the “Yoga Rebel.”
And Stiles, who is a former model and the founder-owner of Strala Yoga in Noho, is kind of a rebel when it comes to her beauty routine as well.
That is, she hardly has one. “I barely own five beauty products,” Stiles told us when we asked her to dish.
But the natural beauty was able to produce five picks for us from her medicine cabinet and nearly empty makeup bag, while whispering in our ear about her newest book, Yoga Cures, which will be officially released in April. (More on that soon!)
Here’s how the simply stunning Stiles takes care of her skin:
1. Duchess Marden Foaming Cleanser ($34) I found out about this company from Summer Rayne Oakes, who is such an expert on all things sustainable and beauty. This cleanser is amazing, all natural, and contains roses, which, of course, smell amazing.
2. Tata Harper Rejuvenating Serum ($150) Latham Thomas introduced Tata Harper to me. Talk about a beauty power house! I can’t get enough of her whole line, especially this serum. It acts as a moisturizer and leaves your skin feeling light and super smooth. And, of course, it’s all-natural, too!
3. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler ($21) If I took one thing away from being a model, it’s Shu Uemura’s eyelash curler. You have to have one to understand its power.
4. Breville Juicer ($200–$450) I make green juice with kale, cucumber, ginger, etc. The skin comes from the inside, so you have to take care of the insides first! Kris Carr, my hero and pal, literally mailed me a juicer several months ago. Best gift ever. I am now a regular green juice junkie, and my skin has never felt as good. And, of course, it does wonders for the rest of your body, mind, and spirit, too.
5. Earth Therapeutics Pumice Stone ($2) This is ideal for rough yoga feet. After a nice long soak in the tub with some eucalyptus-infused Epsom salts and a few minutes of pumice action, the skin goes back to being smooth and fresh.